14/06/2013

mid-winter

It might be the middle of winter (we're literally a week away from the winter solstice over here) but my feeling is that there is no better way to chase away those winter blues, than with a summer cocktail. 

Trick the mind into thinking it's summer and your mood will be instantly lifted. I swear. I didn't even make this up.
Okay, of course I did. 
But hey, I felt like a cocktail and I needed a bit of that summer feeling in my life. So here's what I came up with.

I've called it the Feels Like Summer Cocktail. Because I'm feeling super creative today.

Admittedly, it doesn't look too impressive at all. No fancy colours, layers or flavour combinations here. But this cocktail proves that the old 'don't judge a book by its cover' cliche applies to more than just reading material.
Orange and Peach Cocktail by the Pool Durban Winter Wedding Inspiration Cocktails

To bring summer to a winter near you all you need is:
Orange Juice
Peach Juice
Coconut Rum
Vodka.

I mixed 2 tots of coconut rum and 1 tot of vodka with 2/3 orange juice and 1/3 peach juice.
I'm certain mixing the cocktail using a different ratio would work just as well though.
Garnish with an orange slice and enjoy while basking in the winter sun.

0 comments:

Post a Comment